Monday, March 28, 2005

From the hip

I had no real plans to just throw out random thoughts here, however, that's what I'm in the mood for and this is my blog. There also needs to be an exception to define the rule, eh? I was looking through some of my old scribblings, and found a bit of a trend I was not real happy about. Two, oh let's call them entries, from about 4 years apart where basically the same rant. The gist of it was this: I need to get my life in order-I have the desire to create things and a little bit of talent but no place to work. My house is too small and I have no garage. (The things I want to create are typically the type of things you would create in a shop or garage/car hole)
Complaints about lack of funds, lack of organization, being overwhelmed with things to do and not much of a way to get them done. The fact that this occurred twice in a few years is not surprising, this has been a recurring theme in my life as long as I can remember. The surprising theme is that the things are still there. I still have no garage, my house is smaller than most apartments and wicked cluttered, I get so overwhelmed that I border on having anxiety attacks. The writings I found are also completely negative. I do not like to be around people who constatnly complain or are generally negative. That being said, even though I wrote the same thing twice, by going back and reading them I learned I need to be a little more- no much more- positive about things. Maybe then I can actually do something. These complaints aren't really anything to complain about, anyway. Hell, I have a house. Dr. Phil would probably slap me.
The complaints aren't really the issue, though. The problems lie in dealing with things. What to do when a problem arises. I used to have a boss who told us we had to attack a problem when we were faced with it. Jump in with both feet and solve the problem. Well, maybe I'll think about it for awhile and then come up with a list of solutions. I could write down on a piece of paper all the reasons not to do it, and why it would suck to do it. Perhaps a blog entry on the pros and cons of writing things down and having duplicate entries. I need to go do something.

No comments: