Sunday, September 04, 2005

Wow, new interest! and Honda update.


I thought only two people read this funky little e-rag. I guess talking about the Honda brought out all the kooks. I mean that in a good way. I got some comments from people who aren't related to me. Thanks for the kind words about how nice the bike is. Yeah, it's not too bad. I can't decide how to paint it. I hate brown motorcycles, you can call it root beer but it's still the same color as the stuff in my boy's diaper. So original or not it wont stay brown when/if I paint it. Yesterday I went and picked up the wheel I ebayed for the 550. The guy also had some stuff that didn't sell so I got it cheap. I got a starter just in case, some miscellaneous doo dads that I might need sometime, and (most importantly), a cam chain tensioner that actually seems to work. My bike has some crazy noise coming from that area and I don't think the tensioner is working properly. This winter I can roll the bike into the garagemobile (remember the garagemobile?) and tear the top end apart-again. I also got a line on another 550 parts bike and a 350 four with a title. Remember a couple of posts back I asked if anyone had a 350 four with a title? Careful what you wish for. So I might wind up with a garagemobile full of four cylinder leaky pieces of crap waiting for me to turn them into........?
Something other than crap. Oh, and by the way, my buddy has a whole bunch of vintage British bikes and they don't leak, but the Honda pees all over his driveway like a puppy in a thunderstorm. That, my friends, is irony. Or as Bart Simpson says, The ironing is delicious.
Inquiring minds want to know about the title service. There are several out there but I used International Title Service. There are some states that allow you to obtain a title without prior paperwork or some shit. Maine, Alabama I think etc...do a search and you'll find a few of em and they will explain it to you. The prices have gone up. I paid around $100, and I think now it's like twice that. If you buy a bike, get the title. It's a pain in the ass otherwise. Although, it's cool to have that Maine plate.

No comments: