Monday, January 02, 2006

Bicycle project update

I've made a little progress on the bicycle front end. It's all welded together and fits quite nice. Now it just needs a little grinding and filing and a coat of primer. The next thing to do will be bob the fenders and add a flare on the ends. The rear wheel needs to have the dish corrected and do a little work with the cogs. Once the mechanical stuff is figured out I can pull it apart and blast and paint it. Most of the parts are in pretty good shape so I don't need to buy much. Some new bearings and paint and I should be good to go. The headlight needs alot of work too. I may have to trash it and get a new one. I think I can salvage it. I'm still trying to figure out a color for this thing. I've had several ideas, but I can never decide on paint colors. I'm open to suggestions. If think it needs to be a certain color please chime in. Rock on.

4 comments:

Lucky said...

You didn't really have to ask what color to paint it, did you? Because the answer to that question is always Flat Black.

Surly said...

The day I got the bike the first thought was flat black. But with all my projects I dont want everything I own flat black. My Honda needs paint, the Sprint needs paint, the bicycle....you get the idea. Maybe red primer for one, flat black for another, grey primer.....?

Gymi said...

I'd go with the black. Then pinstripe it with red and white. I have to agree with you Surly, great minds do think alike.

Later, Gymi

WooleyBugger said...

Put a SpookeyTooth on it and leave the paint as is. You'll be rocking then.