Tuesday, November 27, 2007

...had just settled down for a long winter's nap.


I got the bikes all ready for winter. Did I follow that four million word treatise that I posted down below on properly storing bikes for the winter? No, of course not. I did the short version but I'm glad I did what I did. It was nice to see the Honda running and doesn't she look nice with all her badges on her? The battery is toast so I jumped it off the Zook battery but it took minimal kicking. I didn't even break a sweat. I took the Suzuki around the block before I put her up. It was about 40 degrees when I was getting the bikes ready. Chilly ride with no gloves, but like I said just around the block. I'm hoping to do a little work to the Suzuki over the winter if I can stand the cold out in the old garagemobile. I bought a set of Heli-bars about the same time I bought the bike so I plan on putting those on. I was waiting for winter so if the bike sat for a week with no bars on it there would be no lag in riding time. I also plan on doing a fender eliminator and maybe a hugger but we'll see. The SV does not have a centerstand (big surprise!) so most maintenance will be a chore and changing the bars will be tricky. Perhaps if I had some nice paddock stands for her. Hmmmm...

No comments: