Wednesday, December 12, 2007

More on Design and the Peter Principle

I mentioned in my last post that mechanical design was a part of my job. I had been thinking quite a bit about mechanical design along with indstrial design and all the creative aspects those things entail. I then get blindsided at work by a job shift where they take me out of the design role and place me in a manufacturing position. The Manufacturing Engineer and myself traded positions. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining and this will ultimately be a great carreer move (I think) for me. I have more manufacturing experience than design but have always aspired to design due to my creative nature. I get by in manufacturing, but I'm not what you'd call a detail-oriented person. Because of my experience I've been relegated to the world of manufacturing. I guess now I'm just a design hobbyist, or I'm proving the Peter Principle. I hope it's more of the former rather than latter.

No comments: