Tuesday, April 01, 2008

I eat more chicken than any man ever seen.

That title has nothing to do with the post but I'm listening to Jim Morrison scream Back Door Man. Nothing like a little Willie Dixon to brighten your day. Anywhoo... Motorcycle commuting has been on my mind lately. As I've said, the weather has been abysmal. Don't get me wrong the conditions have not been life threatening but certainly not predictable or two-wheel friendly. We'll get a day of 60° and sunny followed by freezing rain for three days subsequent. I'm not in a position to uncork the S-Wee and go for a ride on a whim. I'd love to but when we get a nice day I'm cleaning to get house ready or fixing something to get the house ready or getting the house ready to get the house ready. You may see a bit of a theme here.

Aside from the time killers, my only saddle time for a while will be commuting. When should I start? I'm thinking I really should make a concerted effort to ride the bike as much as I can, at least in the context of commuting. That means cold, wet, hot, dry, wind... all of it. I budgeted a little extra cash when I bought the bike to get some pants that match my jacket and the "system", if I may, should be pretty adaptable and weather tight. It's not Aerostitch, but if I could afford Aerostitch, I'd be riding a BMW. The point is, once I start riding I'd like to ride everyday with the exception of: lightning (death by electrocution not my cup o' tea) and below freezing temps (ice on roadway). This past weekend would have been the perfect time to get the bike ready, it was 60°+ and sunny all weekend. I may have to drive the truck a few days to brings boxes home and such due to the move but you get the idea. I was tied up on Sat. and played with the Boy most of Sun. No bikes but time well spent, no regrets on that one. It's supposed to rain the rest of the week...

No comments: