Wednesday, December 30, 2009

End of the year blowout

Well, it's the end of the year anyhow. I have decided to compile a list of things to accomplish for 2010. I'm not a huge fan of the New Year's Resolution so if I just have a list of things to get done I fool my self into thinking that they are more attainable. Set the bar low and keep jumping over it. I'm sure my list is of no interest to the people reading this but I'll mention a couple. In no particular order:
Make money with photography. No pie in the sky wishes here, just see if I can make a few bucks to support the equipment and learn about what it takes. This reminds me of a joke I read the other day. What is the difference between a photographer and a large pizza? A large pizza can feed a family of four.

Make two cool things. I have some unfinished projects and lots of ideas of things I'd like to make. I think I'll pick two and try and have them done by 2011. I started collecting parts and design ideas for a camera I want to build. That's probably going to be one of them. I'd really like to build that camera this year. Now that I have a table saw and a router. I think I have most of the hard parts, I just need to hammer out the design and make the darn thing. More on that later.

The other stuff on the list is just boring stuff like make the house more energy efficient and fix this and that. I know better than say I'm going to quit smoking or lose twenty pounds. That stuff should never wait until some specific calendar date. If it bothers you enough just do it now. I don't smoke and twenty pounds would probably kill, if not emaciate me, but I digress.

I hope everyone has a safe New Year's Eve. Don't do anything stupid.

No comments: