Monday, December 13, 2010

Picture of the week 12/13/10 Snow Day - or Cobra Commander Shovels

We got slammed with a winter storm. I went out last night to see where the garbage cans had blown off to. There has not been too much snow but crazy winds and considerable drifting. My boss called at 4 this morning to let me know the plant will be shut down today; school is closed for the kids as well. After tying on the scarf I looked in the mirror and I noticed a resemblance to the Cobra Commander from the G.I. Joe animated series of the 80's. Having the day off has given me the opportunity to catch up on the blog so check out the last two or three posts as they were late too. Depending on my state of mind I may actually have another post rolling around in my head.

3 comments:

Grumpyunk said...

I heard an announcer on the local radio station talking about, "Lake effect snow" the other day and was like, WTF ?? You guys up there know about that stuff.

It was the Bloomington, NPR station so I attributed it to the IU effect. They should go up your way to see what real, Lake Effect Snow, is all about.

Enjoy your snow day with the boys.

Surly said...

They are saying on the radio not to leave unless you absolutely have to. And if you do you are on your own.

Grumpyunk said...

Talked to my SIL and she says it's nasty bad up there. You take care, kid.