Friday, February 18, 2011

Just a quickie

I did a little metalwork today on the throttle and I can now bolt it on. I ran out of time at lunch to do the clutch side but I got started. After I get the switchgear sorted, it will be on to brakes and/or carbs. I have to have a block of time set aside for the carbs. I only get about 20 second spurts before I have to break up a fight or make chicken nuggets or wipe an ass. And when I get home from work there's all the stuff that goes on with my kids... You'd better let that one sink in a little. O.K., better now? Let's move on, shall we? I shuffled the links in the blogroll a little, killed a few and added two. There are a million blogs out there about motorcycles. The ones about sportbikes and cruisers are all full of words and reviews and blah, blah, blah. The chopper blogs have pictures of guys making shit. Riding and making shit is what motorcycling is to me. Although, I'm glad to see Erik Buell is building bikes again. I know business is business but it seemed shitty what happened between him and The Motor Company. I digress. Check out The Zen of Neato but be warned some of the content is NOT always SFW. The Sideburn blog is in the same vein but centers around flat track racing mostly in the U.K. It's making me want to find an SX650. I know where there is an SR500 I could have for almost nothing... Yeah, right. Anyway, Cool blogs that have a ton of links to plenty of other chopper sites. I really like to see folks using their heads, hearts, and hands to build something special. That and green metalflake shit. I don't want to ride them, it's just that the internet is a visual medium and I love looking at them. O.K., I kind of want to ride them too. I know where there is a 69 Sportster...

4 comments:

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Check here for your green metalflake - even have metalflake handgrips.
http://flakekings.blogspot.com/search/label/grips

tvi said...

HI SURLY,

CHECK OUT MATT OLSEN'S BLOG. HE AND HIS DAD RESTORE OLD HARLEYS TO AMCA SPECS AND OTHER PROJECTS AS WELL. THEY DO BEAUTIFUL WORK.

http://oldbikesinsd.blogspot.com/

TALK TO YOU SOON,

TVI

Grumpyunk said...

Green metalflake handgrips. Just shoot me and get it over with.

Surly said...

Unk- I will put up with a lot of things from you, but talking shit about the 'flake is not one of them. First warning.