Monday, March 07, 2011

Green Flake

Image by Gary Griffin, used with permission

I had an entire post written about the inherent coolness of green metal flake, or sparkle if you will. I think this photo illustrates my point better than I could ever write. When it comes to custom bikes, you could do worse than a paint job like this. This would also be the appropriate use of green metalflake grips for you negative commentors. I'm pretty sure that when the time comes to paint my Sprint it will look something like this. Bike built by John Collins of Houston, TX and photographed by Gary Griffin.

5 comments:

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Here's the shirt to go with the grips and the paint job: http://flakekings.bigcartel.com/product/new-flakekings-green-metalflake-logo-t

tvi said...

HI SURLY,

I NEVER REALLY CARED FOR THE BIG FLAKES, BUT THE SMALL ONES WERE ALWAYS COOL IN MY BOOK. SOME OF THE CARS IN THE LATE SEVENTIES FROM THE FACTORY HAD FLAKE IN THEM, LINCOLNS AND CADDIES FOR SURE AND I THINK A FEW OTHERS. ALWAYS LIKED THE PAINT IN THE SIDE OF THAT TANK TOO.

TALK TO YOU SOON,

TVI

Grumpyunk said...

OK. Seeing that picture, I may have to revise my opinion of green flake grips.
It looks a hell of a lot better than it sounds.

Surly said...

It's all about the context, Unk.

Grumpyunk said...

Context? Maybe so. You guys w/ artistic eyes see things different than I do.

Oh wait. I forgot, I'm the CELFT (CrossEyedLittleFucktard).
Everyone sees things different than me!