Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I'm talking bout my generation.


Vans 4Q Sk8-Mid Lmtd from Utility Board Supply on Vimeo.


I used to skate. I read Thrasher and TWS. I had a BMX phase as well. The motorcycle thing was always going on but there were a few years there where I skated a lot. I still have my board and my bike. I'm 39. The guy in the video is Max Schaaf. He's 'bout the same age. He's a pro skater and chopper builder. He was in Thrasher and TWS as well as a bunch of bike mags. What am I getting at? I don't know. This video is kind of neat and I think says an enormous amount about my generation. Or at least one slice of it. There's quite a bit of my Dad's generation floating around in that video but filtered through the eyes of a big kid who's 38 going on 17.Not a bad looking shoe but probably a little too much $. I'm sure every inch of that scoot looks exactly the way he want's it to. Sounds like it runs well.

No comments: