Saturday, November 03, 2012

Wow...it's November

I was really on a roll for a while there. So I went to Ohio in July with some buddies and was posting on that. We had a great time and it was awesome to get away from work for a few days. After coming back I was psyched about motorcycles and the Old Man's project etc... Then reality set in and I had to get back to the super huge (for me and the company I work for) project that needed to be "done" in the middle of October. I was working stupid amounts of overtime, stressing myself more than necessary usual and well, here it is in November. So what have you been up to since then, Surly? Enjoying the fruits of your labor? Well, thanks for asking one of the 8 people a day that check in here. Hmmm... let's see. I try to hang with my kids as much as I can, natch. I've been working on eating a Paleo diet. That was working well until about a week ago. Back on track tomorrow...whatever. I was working out fairly regularly. I turned 40. Man the whole birthday thing could be a post unto itself. I used to like birthdays. I've looked forward to everyone including this last one. I think I set my hopes too high because the last 10 or so sucked, including this one. I should just ignore them like most people and then I've got a 50% chance of having a great day. I don't give a shit about getting old. Don't really have a choice now do I? And growing old beats the alternative. So anyhow now I have added the old guy jokes to my repertoire of self-deprecating humor. For my birthday I got a pair of those silly looking Five-Fingered shoes that I asked for. I wasn't sure if I'd like them. I love em. What else? I carved some pumpkins. Let's see... I went trick-or-treating with my kids. Batman and the Zombie Hunter. Uncle John would have loved the Zombie Hunter costume. Speaking of Uncle John, there may be some posts in the future about his BSA. I'm not sure how that's gonna pan out. Shit, I miss that guy. Moving right along...I have acquired a new hobby. Yeah, I know. I won't go into all the gory details but I have become a saw nerd. If I get around to it, I'll do a post about the saw thing but basically I bought a hand saw at a flea market and wanted to know more about it. The more I read the more I wanted to restore it. So then I did. Then I had to know how to sharpen it. Well, suffice to say I have about 8 hand saws in the garage along with a "new" (it's probably 80 years old) saw vise and 7 (count em) seven saw sets. A saw set is a tool. No, I don't need 7. I've never been much of a woodworker but I like tools. I'd also like to know how to be a woodworker and using hand tools is something that appeals to me. Oh, I built some monkey bars in the back yard. That sort of ties in with the tools and the exercise thing. I wen't to the range with the Old Man the other day too. That's always fun. I suck at shooting clay pigeons. I'm even worse at throwing them. So, that's pretty much what I've been up to. Like I've said before, I enjoy blogging and I'm not going away I just don't get to it as often as I'd like.
Rock on.

1 comment:

red said...

Welcome back!