Thursday, January 16, 2014

Happy New Year and what-have-you

New Year, same old pile of crap. Lot's of it good, some not so much. Like my boss says, "It's not what happens, it's how you deal with it.".  So I'm not gonna recap last year because the past is the past and my time machine is still on the fritz.

This is a picture of a motorcycle
I was swearing that 2013 was going to be better than 2012. I'm going to say it was. If I had to go less-than, greater-than or equal to...I'm going greater than. What the hell. So for this year I should actually go somewhere on my motorcycle. I need to ride the Sportster, and probably sell it too. Lots of plans for the house and the Wife is on-board. It'd be nice for my place to not have the feel of a motor-lodge with a number in the name. I'm also officially sick of winter. Maybe I should go out in the garage and winterize the Viffer. I came to the realization the other day that I never did that. Ooops. I think I put Sta-bil in the tank but I can't remember. The battery was pretty much on it's last leg so that's not a big deal. I plan on putting new tires on her so the fact that she's been sitting in the same spot all winter probably won't hurt much either. I usually cap off the airbox and exhaust to keep moisture out. That I didn't do, but still can. The exhaust is stainless so I'm not too worried about that end. Future plans for the Viffer include some muffler modifications and fixing the paint on the luggage. The exhaust was gutted by the PO who claimed he never touched anything. It sounds great but it's a bit on the loud side. It's also runs a little fat. I'd like to cork it up some.  I bought a used shock for the VFR last summer so I could have it rebuilt and minimize downtime while waiting for it to return. I've got my work cut out for me and that's just one of my projects. I have started to work on getting rid of a bunch of the clutter around the garage as well. Sold a few gems on eBay already. Perhaps I'll make a list of the things to accomplish in 2014 but that's never really been very motivating. Life is what you make it. Gonna go make it...
Rock on.

No comments: