Friday, September 16, 2005
Garagemobile and Honda update
Windows! The garagemobile has three windows. I took the glass out of two of them to move the building. After painting the frames I put the glass back in and they are more or less weathertight. The third had an air conditioner or a board or a piece of foam in it for the last 10 years. As a result it was getting pretty rotten. Of course the carpenter ants were having a good ol' time in there as well. About four swings with a 22oz. framing hammer and I was back to rough opening. I snagged a double pane vinyl sash out of the garbage (brand new) the other day and made a frame for it. I made a new sill out of treated wood from the ginormous pile of lumber that's starting to accumulate in the driveway. Not bad for someone who's not a carpenter. Or an ant. The windows and doors still need some work and I still dont have that damn apron poured. The progress is getting smaller and smaller. As for 550 Hondas, I started parting out the junker tonight. It went pretty well. Suprisingly, there were no stuck bolts. I hope I can make a couple of bucks on it or my wife is going to kill me. Oh well, at least I get to keep the good stuff.
I cant get the stupid blogger photo thing to work tonight. So, you'll have to wait to see the pics of the ratty piece of crap Honda that you really don't want to see anyhow. I'll try later.