Saturday, March 29, 2008

Where have you bean?

It occurred to me while on an airplane the other day, that the busier my life is the better it is. Perhaps it's the ADD but when I have time to sit and think I get more creative but more contemplative and sullen. To both of you who read this this is both good and bad. When I'm busy and feelin fine, I have no time to blog and frankly nothing to say because all the stuff that's going on would be uninteresting to my readers, such as they are. Let me lay it out for you. As of tomorrow I will have been at my current employer for two years. In that time, things have gone exceptionally well and I am making a little more money and working a few more hours. I'm there ten and a half hours a day. Add to this a 40 min drive each way that means a lot of time away from the family, the motorcycle, the garagemobile, and to a lesser extent, the computer. This is not a complaint, just the facts ma'am. It has also been winter. Winter in NW Indiana fucking blows. That's a complaint. Due to the winteryness there is not much motorcycling stuff going on. I wish I was spending the winter months buying cool, rare motorcycles and restoring, customizing, and trading parts for them. Nope. You see, we have a two bedroom house adjacent to the garagemobile with Me, the Wife, and Potato Boy and all my crap shoehorned into it. We have little spud number two on the way in about 6 weeks (ish) and that's going to make the house much more crowded. I did much painting, cleaning, staging, etc.... The house went back on the market. Looks like we will be moving in a month or so. Ever busier. The drive time will be reduced due to the closer proximity to work. More importantly, I will be about 5 minutes away from where my drumset lives at my buddies house. The new house has a.... I digress. I don't want to jinx myself with new house talk. I'll post on it when things are more solid. What does all this have to do with motorcycles? Not much. I came in from detailing the Honda because my hands were numb. My keyboard now smells like Never Dull. The Honda is officially for sale if anyone is interested. $1000.00 U.S. dollars. Or I will consider trades for something that I think is cool. Vespa? Mid 70's 750SS Ducati?
http://www.eurospares.com/lcduc.jpg
I'll post some pics of the old girl after I get her cleaned up. The weather is still crappy and goes below freezing most nights so I'm not going to buy a new battery until it warms up. Hell, there was snow blocking my back door this morning. (I'm on vacation this week) That pretty much sums up my deal here. I'm busy and while hectic I kind of thrive on chaos and things could not be better. I'll get back here when the weather warms up and the bike wheels start turning again. Until then, check back every so often and leave a comment once in a while you lazy bastards.

2 comments:

Der_General said...

Moving is always a pain, but congrats on the new spud & new house. Don't worry about entertaining us intarweb geeks, we need to get out more anyways...

azzul said...

nice..post