Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Playing in the rain

I took the opportunity of a nice wet driveway and did a quick photo shoot of my new Honda. I've never really
had too many before and after shots of bikes I've owned. I put the clip-ons on her right after dragging her home but without some serious rearranging they are not going to fit. I don't have the time to actually work on this thing right now so I just hung the headlight back on and tucked the wires and such away. You can see the carbs are missing as well. Getting a decent photo, with what I had, was the order of the day. I'm pretty happy with the results. I'm also fairly inspired by the fact that this could be a rideable scoot without having to do a major rebuild. I scored a set of ace (clubman) bars from the Old Mans barn too. I've never cared for ace bars when I've pretty much always had the wherewithal to make clip ons. My Dad made this set for my RD350 I sold years ago. I just don't think the clip-ons are the ticket on this incarnation. All in all, I set out to make a good photo of a ratty bike and I'm pleased with my efforts.

2 comments:

Grumpyunk said...

Damn Kid. That looks good.
You ever going to get on the bike that does run and come on down this way?

Well, that's assuming that it stops raining eventually. 40 days and 40 nights is the current record holder but I'm thinking we have to be getting close to that.

red said...

very nice!


Damn rain. I'm about stop work on the 2 CB750s in my garage and start building an ark.