Sunday, July 04, 2010

Happy Independence Day

I went to high school with the cop on the bike. I totally framed the shot to obscure his face to protect his secret identity. Yeah, that's what I did.
 
I took the family to the Independence Day parade in my old hometown today. The kids had a blast and I took a bunch of pics. Then we came home and had some baked taco stuff the wife makes. It looked really nice in the early evening light. It tasted even better. These pictures remind me that even with Blackberries and Twitter and Facebook there still are nice little small towns with nice people. I used to hate captioning photos but I seem to have an odd fascination with it on the blog. My old black and white "fine art" stuff used to all say untitled. I don't know, I guess here I can use it to interject a little humor. I hope ya'll had a great day and took the time to remember what the day is all about.

Tandem hotties

Hot pizza (it was about 95 deg. today)

Student built remote control robot


Not all tractors are green

 
The lovely Mrs. Surly

Some Republicans

Obligatory old truck

Mosquito bitten towhead

Tubamaba

Lots of reenactors this year.

This guy gets my award for "Best use of a Shemagh"

This is a guy in a red shirt, a "monster" Caprice that is shooting water at us, and a giant inflatable cowboy that all seemed to have no connection to each other whatsoever. Probably my favorite pic of the day. Sort of Garry Winogrand-esqe.

Dinner. 

'Night everybody.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the mosquito bitten toehead Coop? He suddenly looks like his brother.

Grumpyunk said...

Cool pics. Looks like you had a good 4th.

I did take care of some moron who shot himself in the chest with a BIG ASS firework. Whatever it was the tube that it fired from was 3". Screwed his day up good.
Yes Alcohol was involved!