Friday, July 02, 2010

New Year's Resolutions, how are your's coming along?



First I want to say thanks for the comments on my last post. Like I said in that post, there's no need to feel sorry for me. It was more of an essay on the struggle we all face as humans and how it applies to me in this time of my life. The weather has made a nice turn and it's supposed to me dry all week and not oppressively hot. I've been riding the bike to work and that's always a nice brain scrubber. With the way my head works, riding the bike forces me to focus on the riding and not all the BS. So I've got that going for me, which is nice.
Moving on, I realized this week that I have accomplished one of the two things I blogged about as my New Year's Resolutions. Make money from photography. While selling a few prints through my website did make me roughly 3 dollars it hardly offsets the cost of the website. I did however garner a few shekels by assisting at weddings. I did the math and I'm just a tick over minimum wage for the gigs I did. The knowledge gained had immense value. A wise man told me you pay for your education one way or the other. I'm starting to enjoy the experience of shooting at weddings. I never thought that would happen. I figured it would suck but I need the experience and skills and few extra bucks cant hurt.  I shot that picture of my boy last night doing his best Billy Idol. He doesn't even know who Billy Idol is but I think he did a good job of channeling him. Needs a little work on the sneer. Have a great Independence Day. Don't blow anything off except maybe mowing the lawn. Rock on.

No comments: