So what did I do? I had planned on doing some work. Some of it got did, some not so much. Here's some of it...
- New faucet on the kitchen sink
- Finally installed the bathroom fan that's been taking up space in the garage for what seems like forever
- Fixed the wobbly leg on the swingset
- Ran an airline to my workbench
- Installed a florescent light in the garage
I think I'm forgetting a few but you get the idea.
No need to get into the gory details of all that but here's a couple points that stood out. 1) Actually using the construction materials in my garage and shed frees up considerable space that I don't have to fill with anything else. 2) Most of these "little" items are far from little. The bath fan involved running new wires from the fan through the attic into the wall cavity, knocking a hole in the wall to get to the wires, and then fixing the hole in the wall. If anyone ever gives you the option of crawling around in the attic of a home with trusses and a 4/12 pitch roof in July...pass.
I still have some big projects to tackle before the summer's over but I'm glad I made a dent. At the other end of the spectrum:
- We went to the beach
- My sister-in-law and her boyfriend came by to hang out on Independence Day.
- I took my boys fishing.
|Drowning worms in the shadow of Grandpas cable crane.|