Sunday, April 03, 2016

A little more progress

I'm not coming up with the best post titles lately. Anywhoo... I've got the seat posts machined and The Chief welded up the coil bracket which was cracked clean through. 
You can't see the weld in the picture but the Chief's welds are always a thing of beauty. I made some new struts for the seat bracket and turned a boss to fit inside the frame casting. It worked out that the new parts could be welded on using the old front part of the bracket. 

This might not make sense but after I cut the old piece off it'll be obvious why I bothered. 
A little more fitting and the seat will be mounted finally. Then I can sit on it and make motorcycle noises. I'm feeling pretty good about my progress, albeit slow. Next I have to solve a mystery with this stuff.

No comments: